Family Law Network
Information, media, resources & events
Monday, February 27, 2012
Tips for Doing Your Homework when Retaining a Lawyer
This article offers some general ideas to keep in mind what looking to retain a lawyer.
Ten steps to take before hiring a lawyer
Globe and Mail,
Feb. 27, 2012.
1. Identify the problem.
2. Set a realistic budget.
3. Research candidates online.
4. Trust your instincts.
5. Check your emotions at the door.
6. Sell yourself and your business.
7. Ask for references.
8. Negotiate a better arrangement.
9. Get team buy-in.
10. Review agreed-upon terms carefully.
Read the whole article
BC Social Workers & Family Law Network blogs
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)